LCD option?

Feb 3, 2013 at 7:42 PM
I've at the moment a arduino Uno with a S0 log system and a LCD screen for the realtime production and day output. (http://youtu.be/Dme7w6F-h7s, not final screen, just testing)

I'm gonna request a "slimme meter" for using your excellent program, I want to use the P1 port for the power usage of the grid.

You say that the space is limited for the Arduino program, but I want to use the LCD again. It's still written in Arduino 0023, I don't know how to import it, I made my own adjustments to an existing file, my Arduino program skills is very basic.

Is it possible to exclude the analog/Ferraris/Temperature (I use the API of PVoutput for the temp) to free up some memory to add the LCD stuff?

And is there a fault in the code for the P1 logging?
// Smartmeter Power sensor has 4 parameters: 
//   1: Serial object. Mega2560: on Serial1. Uno etc: Serial watch out: Serial not working together with usb!
//   2: The SID
//   3: The variable to log to. See software manual
//   4: The x-factor. The actual and total values will be divided by this number before sending to pvoutput
P1Power P1(&Serial,4770, 24, 1);
I think it must be: P1Power P1(&Serial,4770, 4, 1);

Keep up the good work!
Coordinator
Feb 3, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Adding a LCD to the program is not very difficult. (see this for an example: Wijhebbenzon
If you do not define an instance of the sensors you do not need, there will be no memory used for that.
The '24' is a special version for uploading. That is because the P1 port of your meter will only measure net energy (it has dual counters but only one is active at the time). Because pvoutput wants total energy consumption the software will add the power of the S0 sensor to the net P1 power.
If you would set the P1Power sensor to '4' it would log net power.
Feb 4, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Hello The wizard...
Spreek je NL/BE???
Zou je anders jezelf willen aanmelden bij het http://www.wijhebbenzon.nl/ forum
Dan kun je daar eea uitwiselen...

Want wat jij hebt, zou ik graag ook willen....... :-)
Feb 4, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Ik heb een reactie gepost op Wijhebbenzon.