Two smart meters (both with P1) connected? (Arduino Mega)

Mar 15, 2014 at 5:18 PM
Hello,
I'm a new member of this forum and would like to ask a question: Is it possible to connect 2 smart meters with P1 connections to the Arduino (Mega)
I have a smart PV meter and a "normal" smart grid meter voor E and G.
Coordinator
Mar 16, 2014 at 9:07 PM
Hi HGe,

Welcome!
It is indeed possible to connect two P1 meters to one arduino MEGA since this has multiple serial ports.
The problem is: what do you want to do with this data?
  • Add the values for production and generation?
  • Log the data to two different systems in PVoutput?
  • add some generation to one meter and other generation to the other meter?
If you can explain your application a bit more detailed, I can see if this will work.
Coordinator
Mar 16, 2014 at 9:14 PM
I read your question again and think that you mean to log generation data with a P1 meter (instead of the S0 meter that is usually used)
This is possible.
Just set the PV smart meter to type "2" and it will log the counters as 'generation' to pvoutput.
If you set your normal meter to type "24", it will log the total consumption.
Mar 17, 2014 at 8:18 AM
Hello Harrold,

Thanks for you information. You are right; i have a smart PV meter and a "normal" smart meter for electricity and gas. I will hook it up like you told me and keep you informed.
One more question: I would only like te use exocite and do not need PVoutput. What part of the code should I switch off with //'s?

Groeten,
Harry
Coordinator
Mar 17, 2014 at 8:48 AM
Remove pvoutput.ino and delete the following lines:
from solarmeter.ino: SendToPvOutput(sensors);
from webstuff.ino: client << F("last PvOutput fail=") << pvResponse << " @ " << DateTime(pvResponseTime) << br;
and: client << F("DNS status=") << DnsStatus << br;

2014-03-17 8:18 GMT+01:00 HGe <[email removed]>:

Hello Harrold,

Thanks for you information. You are right; i have a smart PV meter and a "normal" smart meter for electricity and gas. I will hook it up like you told me and keep you informed.
One more question: I would only like te use exocite and do not need PVoutput. What part of the code should I switch off with //'s?

Groeten,
Harry

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com