error compiling 'eeprom_read_dword'

Sep 25, 2014 at 10:13 AM
I got a strange compiling error i do not understand. Can someone help me with this.

I use Arduino ERW 1.0.5
And Solarmeter V11.2 (as newer version have MANY compiling errors on my computer)

BaseSensor.cpp.o: In function eeprom_read_dword':
d:/software/arduino/arduino erw 1.0.5/hardware/tools/avr/lib/gcc/../../avr/include/avr/eeprom.h:254: undefined reference to
__eerd_dword'
d:/software/arduino/arduino erw 1.0.5/hardware/tools/avr/lib/gcc/../../avr/include/avr/eeprom.h:254: undefined reference to __eerd_dword'
BaseSensor.cpp.o: In function
eeprom_write_dword':
d:/software/arduino/arduino erw 1.0.5/hardware/tools/avr/lib/gcc/../../avr/include/avr/eeprom.h:372: undefined reference to `__eewr_dword'

many thanks
Coordinator
Sep 25, 2014 at 10:53 AM
_eewr_dword is an internal function of the AVR compiler.
eeprom.h uses this function to read data from the internal eeprom.

Since this is internal to the compiler, I suspect there is something wrong with the installation of the 1.0.5 IDE.
Can you try to re-install the IDE on another location and see if this keeps happening?

You can also try to run the example from the EEprom library (File>Examples>EEPROM>eeprom_read)
This uses the same functions.
Sep 25, 2014 at 11:22 AM
Hallo Harold,

thanks for the info. When i use the example from arduino and compile...it gives no errors...it works as it should...so i do not understand. I will try to compile it with a previouse arduino version..
Sep 25, 2014 at 11:24 AM
i tried with arduino 1.0.3..and it compiles perfectly...thank you.
Coordinator
Sep 25, 2014 at 11:26 AM
Still strange that 1.0.5 is not working. I am using it for a long time now...